Automatic Door Engineer - West
Gilgen Door Systems, a member of Nabtesco Group in Japan, is renowned for its innovative door drive systems and overall solutions for use in-door, gate and folding-wall systems. Our employees are at the centre of our operations and our values run through the company in everything we do: We believe in ensuring our employees receive the very best in training and development to deliver an exceptional standard of customer service. We offer an inclusive and welcoming culture where teamwork, continuous development and empowerment are the pillars that support our success.
As an Automatic Engineer, reporting to the Field Territory Manager, you will be responsible for installing, servicing, maintaining and repairing automatic doors. The position requires you to work closely with your team as well as liaising with other departments throughout the company, ensuring that you carry out a dynamic risk assessment for every site minimising all potential risks to yourself and others. You will also be diagnosing and quantifying repairs or upgrades and providing pricing accordingly. You will also be expected to participate in the out of hours call out and standby rota.
Skills and Experience
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills
- Computer literate
- Previous experience with Automatic door systems
- Previous experience with gates and barriers
- Previous experience with Industrial door systems
- Relevant CSCS card
- Customer service experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company van & mobile phone
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 after 5 years’ service