In 1961, Jakob Gilgen Senior started producing the first automatic drive systems for doors from his parents’ garage in Switzerland. He installed them for his customers, one by one. Today, the company is represented by more than 1,000 employees around the world.
- 1961: Establishment of a one-man operation for automatic doors and gates
- 1969: Establishment of the first Swiss branch office
- 1985: Establishment of the first subsidiary abroad
- 2011: Integration into the Japanese Nabtesco Group
- 2016: New building for the Swiss headquarters 2016: 3 acquisitions abroad
On March 1, 2021, we celebrated our 60th anniversary.
We invite you to take a look back with us as we revisit the most important events in our company’s history.